Friday, May 11, 2007

A Million Plus One

Welcome.

There are at least a million blogs in the world, and you're reading one of them. I'm here to prove that anybody can write a blog, and make it sound like it wasn't written by just anybody.

What we're doing is to give you my thoughts about what interest me in the news, the media, sports and whatever else is going on. We're not going to break news here, unless you already haven't heard about it elsewhere.

A few things about me: I live in a suburb of Minneapolis and St. Paul. I have degrees in journalism and speech from a community college in Minnesota and a university in Wisconsin, so I know something about writing. While in college, I worked on the campus newspaper, radio station, and literary publication. I have also competed part-time on the school forensics team (not to be confused with the "CSI" kind), composing my own pieces and adapting others.

If you're wondering about the name, it was the most difficult thing to decide on before starting this blog. I had plenty of cool names picked out, but they were already taken. Finally, out of desperation, I came up with "The Bludog Chronicle". And if you're really good, someday I'll explain what the name means.

But enough about me. Let's get on with it.

No comments:

The 96th Oscars: "Oppenheimer" Wins, And Other Things.

 As the doomsday clock approaches midnight and wars are going in Gaza, Ukraine and elsewhere, a film about "the father of the atomic bo...